The man accused of kidnapping and murdering two young girls was involved with a jail fight this week.
An official with the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office says Christopher Clements, who was charged with the kidnapping and murder of 6-year-old Isabel Celis and 13-year-old Maribel Gonzales last week, got into a fight with two other inmates at the Maricopa County Jail. The official said corrections officers promptly broke up the fight and none of the men involved were seriously injured.
Clements, 36, was initially arrested in Maricopa County on charges of burglary and breaking and entering. The convicted sex offender is now facing 22 felony charges including the murders of Celis and Gonzales.
- Christopher Clements: How a convicted sex offender flew under the radar
- How the Maribel Gonzales and Isabel Celis cases were cracked
- Charges filed in the murder of Isabel Celis and Maribel Gonzales
- Isabel Celis Autopsy does not explain how she died
- Isabel Celis Timeline: From disappearance to grim discovery
- Cold Case: Maribel Gonzalez