TUCSON, Ariz. - State prosecutors will seek the death penalty in the Christopher Clements murder case.
Clements, who is accused of killing six-year-old Isabel Celis and 13-year-old Maribel Gonzalez, appeared in court for a status conference Monday.
Clements, 36, was initially arrested in Maricopa County on charges of burglary and breaking and entering.
The convicted sex offender is now facing 22 felony charges including the murders of Celis and Gonzales.
- Man suspected of killing girls switches lawyers
- Christopher Clements: How a convicted sex offender flew under the radar
- How the Maribel Gonzales and Isabel Celis cases were cracked
- Charges filed in the murder of Isabel Celis and Maribel Gonzales
- Isabel Celis Autopsy does not explain how she died
- Isabel Celis Timeline: From disappearance to grim discovery
- Cold Case: Maribel Gonzalez