TUCSON. ARIZ. — As parents take a hard look at what school will look like when the semester begins, Dr. Gabriel Trujillo, Superintendent of the Tucson Unified School District, and a panel of contributors answer parent's questions on back-to-school planning for TUSD.
Valerie Cavazos serves as moderator.
- Dr. Gabriel Trujillo, TUSD Superintendent
- Flori Huitt, TUSD Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction
- Blaine Young, TUSD Chief Technology Officer
MODERATOR: Valerie Cavazos, KGUN 9 Anchor
Valerie Cavazos is an Emmy-nominated investigative reporter, Tucson native and University of Arizona grad with more than 20 years of television news experience. Previously, Valerie also launched a multimedia company, which focused on education and cultural issues. She put her passion and creative experience to work producing innovative ½ hour magazine-style television shows, such as Hispanic Heritage, Livin' Latin with Valerie Cavazos, and 21st Century Success | In the Classroom and Workforce.
KGUN TEAM COVERAGE ON EDUCATION DURING CORONAVIRUS
- TUSD releases plans to reopen classrooms, continue online learning
- Reopening Schools: Pros and Cons of Homeschooling
- Discussion on the pros and cons of homeschooling
- Department of Education releases guidance for reopening Arizona schools
- Reopen Roadmap: Sunnyside district begins 30-day game-plan
- Districts and charters brace for soaring costs, decreased funding in 2020-2021 school year
- Reopening Schools: First look inside a school with partitions
- As some families consider homeschooling, officials encourage going in with a plan
- Study finds more parents choosing to homeschool children