TUCSON, Ariz. (KGUN) — The suspect in Sunday's shooting incident at a house fire and ambulance call is dead, police announced Thursday afternoon.
Police also revealed new details about the victim found dead inside the home that caught fire on Irene Vista.
According to a news release from the Tucson Police Department, medical examiners have identified the person whose remains were found in the house fire as 36-year-old Jennifer A. Fells.
TPD says it was discovered during the autopsy that Fells sustained gunshot trauma.
The suspect, 35-year-old Leslie Scarlett, was severely injured after a TPD officer shot him a few blocks away from the fire. Police say he died Wednesday.
Detectives are continuing to investigate.
RELATED TEAM COVERAGE
- Multiple people shot, including ambulance crew, in Tucson
- Suspect in ambulance, house fire shooting incident identified
- Neighbor says she tried to stop alleged gunman
- 'A tragic day': Tucson Fire Department Chief reacts to shooting
- Vigil honors victims of shooting spree
- Homicide Survivors to hold vigil following house fire, shooting incident in Tucson