As part of Pima County's ongoing Southeast Sewer rehabilitation project, 36th Street is closed between 5th and 6th Avenues.
A related paving project to cover diameter pipes and manholes on 18th Street will keep that road closed until June 16.
Here are restrictions to keep in mind, according to the county:
- Access to homes in the area will be maintained by a westbound one-way travel lane from 5th Avenue to 6th Avenue.
- All turn movements from 6th Avenue to 36th Street are restricted. Motorists should use 35th Street, Old Vail Road or 38th Street to access residents or businesses in the area.
- Through traffic at the 5th Avenue/36th Street intersection is not permitted.
- Westbound travel along 36th Street, between 5th and 6th Avenues is restricted to local traffic only.
- Westbound turn movements from 6th Avenue to 36th Street will not be permitted.
- Traffic control will be in place 24-hours a day, 7-days per week.
- Businesses in the immediate area can be accesses from 6th Avenue only.
- The restrictions are expected to be in place through mid-July 2017.