KGUN 9 On Your SideNews

Actions

Woman injured, 2 cats killed in mobile home blaze

Posted at 11:22 AM, Sep 18, 2017
and last updated 2017-09-18 20:39:41-04

A woman was injured and two cats died in a mobile home blaze south of Tucson Monday.

According to Rural/Metro Fire, the blaze was in a double wide mobile home near Country Club and Old Vail Road.

Crews found flames coming from the end of the home near the bedrooms. They had the fire under control within 10 minutes.

Multiple people were evacuated safely, but one person was hospitalized due to possible smoke inhalation. There was smoke damage throughout the home.

Crews rescued a litter of six kittens from the home. The kittens also suffered smoke inhalation and were transported to Pima Animal Care Center.

The fire was started by an electrical accident.