TUCSON, Ariz. (KGUN) — June is pride month across the country. For many cities that means parades, parties, and festivals. In Tucson, organizers hold off on the festivities until it gets a little cooler and celebrate after the summer heat has dissipated.
Below is a list of resources for members of the LGBTQ+ community in Tucson, available all year round.
- El Rio Health - Offers medical services for transgender and gender non-conforming youth and adults.
- Eon Youth - Advocates for LGBTQ+ youth and provides a safe meeting space at the Eon youth lounge.
- Equality Arizona - Statewide civil rights organization.
- G3 Gay Happy Hour - Social gathering for the local gay community. Held at different locations each month.
- Gaytucson.com - Newsletter for the gay community in Tucson.
- Jewish Federation of Southern Arizona Pride - Devoted to creating and fostering a welcoming environment for the gay and transgender Jewish community in Southern Arizona.
- Living Out Loud AZ - Offers integrated medical services for members of the gay and transgender communities in Southern Arizona. These include mental and physical health services. Services start for people as young as 6-years-old.
- Parents, Family, and Friends of Lesbians and Gays - Resource guide for straight allies of the LGBTQ+ community who want to learn more about the community and how to better support their friends.
- Southern Arizona Aids Foundation - Dedicated to testing and providing preventative measures to stop the spread of HIV.
- Southern Arizona Gender Alliance - Support and resource group dedicated to helping Transgender and gender non-conforming Tucsonans.
- Southern Arizona Senior Pride- Celebrates and supports the older LGBTQ+ members of the community.
- Survivor Advocacy Program - Provides support and advocacy for survivors of sexual or gender-based assault.
- LGBT-Straight Alliance Fund - Addresses the chronic under-funding of social programs that support the LGBTQ+ community.
- Tucson GLBT Chamber of Commerce
- Tucson Interfaith HIV/AIDS Network - Compassion and support for Tucsonans living with HIV.
- Tucson Pride - Organizes cultural and social events for the LGBTQ+ community including the annual Pride in the Desert Festival.
- Gay Lesbian Straight Education Network - National education organization focusing on safe schools for LGBTQ+ youth.
- LGBTQ Substance Abuse Line - Resource guide for members of the community dealing with addiction & alcoholism.
- Teen Lifeline - Peer counseling for LGBTQ+ youth.
Note: This is a growing list. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have suggestions for more resources and organizations that should be included.