The murder trial of former firefighter David Watson ends with a hung jury after they were unable to reach a decision.
The jury consisted of eight women and four men.
Authorities say he killed his ex-wife Linda Watson, who disappeared 16 years ago during a custody fight over her daughter. Her body was identified in 2013.
David Watson is also accused of shooting and killing Linda Watson's mother, Marilyn Cox, as well as family friend Renee Farnsworth in 2003 as she fought for visitation rights with the child.
David Watson was arrested and charged after a later ex-wife recanted her statements that David Watson was with her when Linda Watson disappeared and her mother was murdered.
After seven weeks of testimony from more than 60 people and more than 500 pieces of evidence, jurors listened to closing arguments Thursday and began deliberating Friday morning.
A status conference is scheduled for Friday, December 2nd to determine the next step.
MORE WATSON TRIAL COVERAGE:
- Closing arguments in murder trial of David Watson
- Linda Watson talked of suicide
- Murder suspect's ex-wife: "She needs to disappear"
- New photos released in Watson investigation
- Background on David Watson cold case
- Three women lost their lives and their lives mattered"
- Daughter of murder suspect takes the stand