TUCSON, Ariz. — Is it your dream to be a firefighter?
The Golder Ranch Fire District is now looking for new crew members and will be accepting applications from now until early may.
Per a press release from the district, the minimum qualifications to apply are the following:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- National Registry and/or AZ State EMCT certification, EMT or Paramedic level
- AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider CPR certification
- ACLS and PALS/PEPP for EMCT-Paramedic
- a valid driver's license) from any state and an acceptable driving record.
(NOTE: Applicant must obtain an Arizona state license upon first day of employment)
The dates the firefighter academy will be running are from July 29 to November 8 of this year. Pay while attending the academy is hourly, at $13.97. After graduation, the pay will increase to $15.12 for E.M.T.'s and $16.80 for paramedics.
To apply, visit: http://grfdaz.gov/careers/