KGUN 9 On Your SideNews

Actions

Gas fire ignites mobile home on southwest side

Posted at 5:14 AM, Jan 22, 2016
and last updated 2016-01-22 12:54:33-05

Rural/Metro Fire crews put out a mobile home blaze on the southwest side Friday morning.

According to Rural/Metro spokesman Jay Karlik, the fire started at 3:15 a.m. in the 3600 block of East Milton Road.

There was extensive damage to the home, which is close to a total loss.

The preliminary cause is believed to be an improper fixture in the propane heater, which caused a leak and led to the fire.