KGUN 9 On Your SideNews


Cat dies in northwest side fire

Posted at 5:13 PM, Dec 30, 2015
and last updated 2015-12-30 19:13:59-05

A man escaped a northwest side house fire Wednesday morning, but a cat died.

According to Adam Goldberg of Northwest Fire, the blaze was in the 400 block of Paseo de los Cerritos.

About 40 percent of the home was on fire when the first crews arrived. A 66-year-old man who uses a wheelchair managed to escape, but a cat in the home was trapped inside and died.

The cause was electrical, and the blaze caused $100,000 in damage.

The Red Cross is assisting the man and his wife, who was away during the fire.