The Sierra Vista Police Department arrested an armed man in Huachuca City Monday morning.
According to a press release from SVPD, 30-year-old Craig Ethridge was seen riding a bicycle without a headlamp at 7th Street and Denman Ave. When an officer attempted to speak to him, Ethridge rode into the officer's car and walked away.
Ethridge ignored commands to stop, and pulled out a revolver and told the officer to leave him alone. He then pointed the gun at his head and ran westbound, leading officers on scene in a foot pursuit.
The pursuit ended when Ethridge hid behind a dumpster, still holding the gun to his head. After several hours of negotiating, Ethridge was taken into custody.
He was booked into Cochise County Jail on the following charges:
- violation of a promise to appear warrant out of Sierra Vista
- probation violation warrant out of Cochise County
- possession of a dangerous drug
- possession of drug paraphernalia
- possession of marijuana
- misconduct involving weapons as a prohibited possessor