TUCSON, Ariz. — Harkins Theatres has announced plans to open a new luxury theater at Tucson Mall.
This new theater will feature the largest screen in the state and will be the third Harkins location in Tucson.
“We are proud to be a local Arizona company and love it when we have the opportunity to bring a new theatre to our home state,” says Dan Harkins, Owner of Harkins Theatres. “The Tucson Mall theatre will include our latest and greatest amenities and programs that we are excited to share with our friends in Tucson,” Harkins said.
According to a press release, the new cineplex will include the following features:
• CINÉ1® XL auditorium featuring an expansive 85-foot screen and Dolby Atmos® 3D object-based sound
• Harkins Ultimate Lounger™ seats (plush, electric, leather reclining seats) in all auditoriums
• Reserved seating in all auditoriums
• State-of-the-art laser projectors and digital sound in all auditoriums
• Wall-to-wall curved screens
• In-lobby bar featuring wine and beer, including local craft favorites
• Gourmet concession stand featuring Harkins beloved favorites, as well as a dining menu of elevated offerings, including Harkins’ Big Screen Burger, Crispy Chicken Sandwich, Artisan Flatbreads and other house-made plates.
• Lobby games and VR attractions
• Paperless, mobile ticketing
Groundbreaking and grand opening dates are expected to be announced soon.
“We are so grateful for the support we have received from Tucson cinema lovers. As a native Tucsonan, I grew up going to Tucson Mall and have been looking for the right opportunity to bring a state-of-the-art theatre here for nearly 20 years. So, I am especially thrilled to be finally announcing our most luxurious cinema to all our loyal moviegoers, friends and families in The Old Pueblo,” said Mike Bowers, President and CEO of Harkins Theatres.