Contact KGUN 9You Ask. We Investigate.®


Community Resources

KGUN 9 On Your Side
Posted: 12:08 PM, Nov 21, 2018
Updated: 2022-09-23 16:54:26-04

Looking for help in Tucson? These local organizations offer a number of services for free.

Animal law enforcement, reporting dead animals
Pima County Animal Care(520)724-5900
ANIMALSReporting Dead BirdsPima County Dept of Public Health(520)740-2760
ANIMALSWildlifeTucson Wildlife Center(520)290-9453
CAR DEALER COMPLAINTSProblems with a car dealership or salespersonArizona Automobile Dealers Association(602) 468-0888
CONSUMERAttorney GrievancesThe State Bar of Arizona(602) 252-4804
CONSUMERBetter Business BureauBetter Business Bureau(520) 888-5353
Do Not Call RegistryFTC Do Not Call Registry(888) 382-1222
CONSUMERVoter RegistrationRegister Online(520) 724-4350
CONSUMERFraud ComplaintsAZ Attorney General(520) 628-6504
CONSUMERFree Credit ReportsFederal Trade Commission -- Free Credit Reports(877) 322-8228
CONSUMERLandlord-Tenant InformationSouthern Arizona Legal Aid(520) 623-9461
CONSUMERLegal AidSouthern Arizona Legal Aid(520) 623-9461
CONSUMERSuspicious Telemarketing CallsArizona Telemarketing Task Force(602) 650-3333 or
(800) 279-8300

Sexual Assault

Family Crisis
Help On Call

Endangered Women


Elder Abuse

Child Abuse

(520) 327-7273

(520) 323-1706
(520) 323-9373

(888) 428-0101

(888) 843-4564

(800) 677-1116

(888) 767-2445

DISCRIMINATIONDiscrimination complaintsCity of Tucson Office of Equal Opportunity(520) 791-4593
DOMESTIC VIOLENCEElder abuseARC/Elder Shelter & Later Life Domestic Violence Services(520) 327-2665 or (520) 566-1919
DOMESTIC VIOLENCELegal Advocacy HotlineAZ Coalition Against Domestic Violence(800) 782-6400
DOMESTIC VIOLENCEViolence against womenTucson Centers for Women and Children(520) 795-4266 or (888) 428-0101
HOUSING and PROPERTYSlum complaints, graffiti complaints, code violations (City of Tucson)Department of Neighborhood Resources(520)791-4605
HOUSING and PROPERTYSubsidized HousingCity of Tucson Community Services Department(520) 791-4171
LEGALAttorney referralState Bar of Arizona(602) 252-4804
LEGALCivil Rights ComplaintsAZ Attorney General's Office - Civil Rights Division(602) 542-5263 or
(877) 491-5742
LEGALFraud and CorruptionAZ Attorney General's Office(520) 628-6504
LEGALFree Legal Advice for SeniorsThe Elder Law Hotline(520) 623-5137
LEGALFree Legal Services - Asylum-seekersCatholic Community Services of Southern Arizona(520) 623-4555
LEGALFree Legal Services - GeneralSouthern Arizona Legal Aid(800) 640-9465
LEGALFree Legal Services - Public InterestArizona Center for the Law in the Public Interest(520) 529-1798
LEGALFree Legal Services for the DisabledArizona Center for Disability Law(520) 327-9547 or (800) 922-1447
PUBLIC HEALTHConsumer Health and Food SafetyPima County Dept of Public Health(520) 724-7770
PUBLIC HEALTHTu NiditoTu Nidito Children & Family Services(520) 322-9155
Referrals and Help
Pima Council on Aging(520) 790-7262
SHELTEREmergency shelter for childrenCasa del los Ninos
1101 N. 4th Avenue
Tucson, Arizona 85705
(520) 624-5600
SHELTERHomeless shelter run by Christian ministry

Gospel Rescue Mission

Men's Shelter
312 W. 28th St.
Tucson, AZ 85713

Gospel Rescue Mission

Women & Children's Center
1130 W. Miracle Mile
Tucson, AZ 85705


(520) 740-1501


(520) 740-1501

SHELTERServices for juvenilesYouth On Their Own
1660 N Alvernon Way
Tucson, AZ 85712
(520) 293-1136
SHELTERShelter for runaways and juveniles kicked out of their homes
Our Town Family Center
3833 E. 2nd Street
Tucson, AZ 85716
(520) 323-1708
SHELTERVictims of Family ViolenceBrewster Center
2711 E. Broadway
Tucson, AZ 85716
(520) 881-7201
SOCIAL SERVICESAdult Abuse HotlineThe Department of Economic Security - Adult Protective Services(877) SOS-ADULT or (877) 767-2385
SOCIAL SERVICESAssistance with Child Support CasesDivision of Child Support Enforcement (DCSE)(800) 882-4151
SOCIAL SERVICESChild Abuse HotlineThe Department of Economic Security(888) SOS-CHILD or (888) 767-2445
SOCIAL SERVICESConcerns about state-licensed facilities for the elderlyArizona Dept of Health Services(602) 674-9705
SOCIAL SERVICESFood stamps or cash assistanceThe Department of Economic Security(800) 835-2100
SOCIAL SERVICESGay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community services
Gay Lesbian Straight Education Network (GLSEN)(480) 776-4936