As we enter the New Year, updating your workout and self-care routine are likely top of mind. With more than 54 million workout-focused playlists on Spotify, their expert is taking a closer look at trends - and sharing our 2020 fitness and wellness predictions based on current listening globally.
Here are some key findings that she will be able to share with your audience:
Some key highlights from our data:
- The Most Popular Workout and Wellness type:
- Listeners have created more running playlists than any other workout type.
- 2020 Predictions:
- Focusing on self-care will continue to reign supreme in 2020. Ariana Grande’s “thank u, next”, Lizzo’s “Good as Hell” and Hailee Steinfeld’s “Love Myself” are popular female empowerment anthems on people’s “self-care” playlists.
- 113% increase in streams of meditation playlists in the past year, higher than for any other workout and wellness type. Working on Our ZZZzzz’s: Listening to Health & Fitness podcasts increased 145% in the past year.
- What songs do listeners sweat to?
- Some popular picks for workout-themed playlists at the moment include Ed Sheeran’s “I Don’t Care” with Justin Bieber and “Dance Monkey” by Tones and I.
ABOUT SHANON: Shanon Cook is the Spotify trends expert for TV, radio and online and formerly a CNN music and entertainment reporter. During her career she’s interviewed many of the world’s top entertainers, including Sting, Annie Lennox, Kanye West, Paul Rudd, Heidi Klum, Jennifer Lopez, Alicia Keys, Claire Danes, Peter Gabriel, R.E.M., Duran Duran, Mariah Carey, Harry Connick Jr. and Yo-Yo Ma. For more than ten years her reports have broadcast worldwide in more than 200 countries on CNN International and in the U.S. on CNN and HLN. Shanon has also contributed to BBC America and Billboard Magazine, and written extensively for CNN.com.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when it launched in Sweden in 2008. Discover, manage and share over 50m tracks for free, or upgrade to Spotify Premium to access exclusive features including offline mode, improved sound quality, and an ad-free music listening experience.
Today, Spotify is the most popular global audio streaming subscription service with 248m users, including 113m subscribers, across 79 markets. We are the largest driver of revenue to the music business today. Since its launch in Sweden in 2008, Spotify has driven more than €13bn to rights holders. www.spotify.com [spotify.com]