Vacation and travel have changed drastically since the COVID-19 outbreak, leaving many plans canceled and many left to wonder when it will be safe to get away again. Now that parts of the country are opening, those who have been hit with wanderlust are looking for the safest way to travel.
Current Top Travel Safety Tips:
- Know before you go! Pre-travel research and planning are imperative. Before making travel plans consult the CDC’s Consideration for Travelers for the latest information.
- Hop a Flight - Look for airlines that offer flexible change and cancellation policies before booking. Also, be sure the carrier will ensure socially distant seating on their flights.
- Be Picky with Accommodations – Pick a resort with a robust health and safety plan that is made public and a resort with a fully trained staff. Understand the resort’s cleaning and disinfection protocols at each point of your journey.
- Choose a Destination with Options – Choosing a location with year-round warm weather gives many options for outdoor dining and outdoor entertainment to keep you busy and having fun safely.
- The Return Home – Check and prepare if your home state requires a quarantine period upon return.
ABOUT LEE ABBAMONTE:
Lee Abbamonte is the youngest person to visit every country in the world plus both the north and south poles. Known as the Marco Polo of the 21st Century, Lee has also visited every US State, National Park and professional stadium. Lee appears regularly as a travel expert on National TV channels like CNN and Fox News, amongst others. Lee has also been featured in the New York Times, Washington Post, Chicago Tribune, USA Today, etc. Lee runs his own website, LeeAbbamonte.com.