17th ranked Arizona baseball dropped 2 of it's final 3 games against Cal to end the regular season. Sunday, the Wildcats lost 7-4 to an unranked Golden Bears team.
The Wildcats had a shot to host a regional tournament next weekend, but the NCAA Selection Committee did not see enough to give Tucson a host bid.
Sunday night, the 16 regional sites were announced, they are as follows:
- Baton Rouge, La., Regional — LSU
- Chapel Hill, N.C., Regional — North Carolina
- Clemson, S.C., Regional — Clemson
- Corvallis, Ore., Regional — Oregon State
- Fayetteville, Ark., Regional — Arkansas
- Fort Worth, Texas, Regional — TCU
- Gainesville, Fla., Regional — Florida
- Hattiesburg, Miss., Regional — Southern Mississippi
- Houston Regional — Houston
- Lexington, Ky., Regional — Kentucky
- Long Beach, Calif., Regional — Long Beach State
- Louisville, Ky., Regional — Louisville
- Lubbock, Texas, Regional — Texas Tech
- Stanford, Calif., Regional — Stanford
- Tallahassee, Fla., Regional — Florida State
- Winston-Salem, N.C., Regional — Wake Forest
If Arizona wants to make a return to the College World Series, they'll need to do what they did last year, and win on the road.
Arizona is most likely to end up in either the Long Beach or Houston Regionals as a two-seed. The full postseason field will be announced on Monday at 9 AM PT.