TUCSON, Ariz. (KGUN) — Arizona House of Representative Republican John M. Fillmore (D-16) of Apache Junction has proposed a 35-page rewrite of the state's election laws.
He recently defended H.B. 2596 during a hearing, saying, “We need to get back to 1958-style voting.”
According to the Daily Independent, if passed, the house bill would:
- Require future ballots to be counted by hand
- Limit voting to only be cast on election day
- Repeal early-ballot laws, requiring specific excuses to receive one
Rep. Filmore currently sits on the Government and Elections Committee, as well as the Military Affairs and Public Safety Committee.
STAY IN TOUCH WITH US ANYTIME, ANYWHERE
- Download our free app for Roku, FireTV, AppleTV, Alexa, and mobile devices.
- Sign up for daily newsletters emailed to you
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram
- Follow us on Twitter