Search dogs found no evidence that anyone was inside a Phoenix church after a likely natural gas explosion Wednesday evening.
The incident happened around 7 p.m. near 15th Avenue and Buckeye Road.
Firefighters say it’s unclear if the explosion, which was most likely caused by a natural gas leak, happened before or after the roof collapse.
Firefighters evacuated residences in the area following the incident but the affected residents have since been let back in their homes.
The incident was originally called out as a fire and gas explosion, but firefighters say there was no fire to the structure.