A man says he discovered something disgusting in his Culver's butter burger, and now he wants answers.
Najib Anek told ABC15 he bit into a fake fingernail that fell off the finger of an employee who made his food at the Culver's in Peoria.
"It was inside the sandwich halfway through," said Anek. "It was crunchy man. I threw up three times."
Anek said complained to management, and they apologized.
Anek said the store's management watched the surveillance video and saw the female employee making his burger without gloves and missing a fingernail.
ABC15 checked the Maricopa County food inspection records for the Culver's on Thunderbird Road near the Loop-101, and the restaurant has all "A" ratings going back to 2015. That could now change.
"Yes, I called the health department, and I have a complaint number," said Anek.
The Culver's manager told ABC15 their insurance is looking into the situation and the offending employee is on leave.