KGUN 9 On Your SideNewsLocal News

Actions

Two families displaced in duplex fire

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-KGUN.png
Posted at 7:53 PM, May 10, 2018
and last updated 2018-05-10 22:54:43-04

A family of four and a family of five were displaced because of a duplex fire Thursday evening.

According to Andy Skaggs with TFD, the duplex is located near the 300 block of E. 20th Street.

Crews arrived and discovered flames coming from the attic.

While battling the fire, crews discovered a guinee pig inside and brought it safely outside to its owner.

There were no injuries to firefighters and all the occupants safely escaped.

Firefighters determined the cause of the fire was accidental. Skaggs says a pest control company was doing some work when an accident happened that caused the fire.