Tucson Unified's Fine and Performing Arts Department have developed a new ARTSmobile called We the People: The Many Faces of America.
The ARTSmobile was created over a 10-month period and will hit the road starting next week.
It will travel from school to school accompanied by arts integrated hands-on lessons.
The ARTSmobile includes the following:
- A replication of the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
- A steamship representing one of the ways people came to America
- Video monitors sharing interviews with our students speaking in their native language and dressed in their traditional clothing
- A timeline reflecting the history of immigration to America
- Family trees shared by some of our own TUSD families from European, Native American, Asian, Middle Eastern, Hispanic, and African backgrounds
- A courtroom scene showing a naturalization ceremony
- A Tree of Cultures for students to add a leaf honoring the culture with which they identify the most