The Tucson Police Department honored the officers who have died in the line of duty at its annual Fallen Officers Memorial on Wednesday night.
They put their lives on the line and make the ultimate sacrifice to protect the community.
Since the 1890's a total of eight officers, who dedicated their lives to serving the city of Tucson, were killed in the line of duty.
Every year, the Tucson police department takes a moment to both remember and honor these heroes for their dedication and service as well as for the price they paid.
The fallen heroes honored at the event are as follows:
- Officer William Elliott - July 3, 1892
- Officer William Katzenstein - July 26, 1902
- Officer Robert Cummins - September 7, 1936
- Officer Barry Headricks - October 28, 1974
- Officer James Smith - October 28, 1980
- Officer Jeffrey Ross - February 18, 1982
- Officer Patrick K. Hardesty - May 26, 2003
- Officer Erik D. Hite - June 2, 2008
— Priscilla KGUN9 (@PriscillaCasper) May 3, 2018