KGUN 9 On Your SideNews

Actions

Tucson man hospitalized, two dogs rescued after apartment fire

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-KGUN.png
Posted at 8:25 PM, Dec 07, 2016
and last updated 2016-12-07 22:25:20-05

TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) -- One person was sent to the hospital and two dogs were rescued after an apartment caught fire near Stone and Fort Lowell.

The Tucson Fire Department says it happened on the 200 block of East Fort Lowell. Crews got a 911 call from the resident, a man in his 60's, that  gasoline had started the fire. 

Investigators say the resident was storing gasoline cans inside the apartment. One can was leaking and when the man turned the stove on the gasoline vapors ignited. 

TFD says when firefighters got on scene there was smoke and flames coming from the kitchen, and the resident told them his dogs were still inside. Crews were able to get in, put out the flames, and rescue the dogs.

The man was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation and singeing his facial hair.