TUCSON, Ariz. — On Sunday, January 20, the third annual Women's March of Tucson will take place from 10 a.m. until about 4 p.m. and cause road closures in the downtown area.
Closures are as follows:
- Ninth Street at Sixth Street
- Church Street at Sixth Street
- Granada Street from Franklin Street to Sixth Street
- Granada Street between Congress Street and Alameda Street
- Church Street at Congress Street
- Pennington at Congress Street
- Granada Road at Congress Street
- Stone Avenue from Congress Street to Council Street
- Alameda Street from Granada Street to Church Street
- Main Street at Alameda Street
- Court Street at Alameda Street
Per TDOT, pedestrian and bike access is being maintained throughout the road closures.
Businesses, parking garages and parking lots will also be open and accessible, but it is advised that march goers plan accordingly/arrive early, as this event tends to be high volume.
The Women's March website suggests parking at these places:
Pennington Street Garage—$5/day
(best for handicapped parking)
110 E. Pennington Street (corner of Scott & Pennington)
City/State Garage — $3/day
Map: 498 W. Congress Street
Phone: (520) 791-5071
Attendees are encouraged to bring water, obey signs and traffic personnel to lessen the possibility of accidents concerning pedestrians and cyclists.