Halloween is one of the most exciting days for children - they get to dress up and get a lot of candy.
But for parents it not just the monsters that are concerning. The Pima County Adult Probation will be coordinating operation "safe Treat."
The operation ensures that registered sex offenders in Arizona aren't participating in trick-or- treating activities, including making sure their porch lights are off.
If you plan on heading out this Halloween, here are a few tips.
- Plan a trick-or-treating route in familiar neighborhoods with well-lit streets
- Make sure children know parents cell phone and 9-1-1
- Teach children to say "NO!" in a loud voice if someone tried to get them to go somewhere, accept anything other than a treat, or leave with them. Tell them to try everything they can to escape, including yelling, hitting and kicking.
- Don’t let kids enter homes
- Tell children to not approach a vehicle
To search for sex offenders in your neighborhood, click here.