KGUN 9 On Your SideNews


Storage fire sends two to hospital

Posted at 5:26 PM, May 06, 2017
and last updated 2017-05-06 20:26:57-04

The Tucson Fire Department responded to a carport fire in the 2800 block of N. Tucson Blvd Saturday.

According to Captain Andy Skaggs with TFD, the initial caller reported a man trapped in the backyard of his apartment and also a cat that was inside. Firefighters found a storage unit at the front of the apartment on fire, with flames engulfing the entry to the apartment.

The fire was put out quickly and the man trapped was removed from the home. After being removed, he then ran back inside to look for his cat, which caused him to be injured. A bystander was also injured trying to help the resident.

Both the man and male bystander were taken to the hospital.