TUCSON, Ariz. — Whether you prefer Mt. Lemmon, Sabino Canyon or Tumamoc, Tucson is a great place for hiking.
While the views can be scenic, there are still a lot of safety risks on the trails.
Rural Metro Fire is advising people who are planning to hike to be prepared.
Here's a quick checklist:
- Look at the local weather forecasts. You can find these on the KGUN9 app.
- Bring enough of water and a fully-charged phone.
- Dress properly. Make sure you're wearing the right shoes and clothing.
- Stay on the trail, and make sure you know your route ahead of time.
- Hike with a partner. If you are hiking on your own, tell somebody and let them know when you plan to return.