Starting May 1st, the Arizona Department of Forestry and Fire Management will implement Stage II Fire Restrictions across all Southern Arizona state-owned and managed lands.
Restrictions will impact Cochise, Greenlee, Graham, Pima, Pinal, and Santa Cruz counties.
Restrictions are as followed:
- No campfires. Building, maintaining, attending, or using a fire, campfire, charcoal, coal fire, or wood stove, including in developed campgrounds or improved sites is prohibited.
- Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building.
- No chainsaw use from 9am – 8pm.
- Discharging a firearm, air rifle or gun gas, unless while engaged in a lawful hunt pursuant to state, federal, or tribal laws and regulations is prohibited.
- Fireworks or another incendiary device are prohibited.
- Mechanical and industrial prohibitions include, operating any internal combustion engine, welding or operating acetylene or other torch with an open flame, and using an explosive.
Restrictions for the Southern Arizona counties are effective at 8:00 AM on Tuesday, May 1st , and will continue until further notice.
Statewide fire restriction information can be found here.