The Southeastern Arizona DUI Task Force, in cooperation with the Arizona Governor’s Office of Highway Safety and the Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses and Control, cited employees at six local businesses during a Covert Underage Buyers detail.
Corporal Marco Madrid, spokesperson with the Sierra Vista Police Department, says that during an April 16 operation, the task force targeted 27 businesses in Sierra Vista, Palominas, and Hereford.
Madrid says the businesses were selected based on previous enforcement of liquor violations, complaints from citizens, and other factors.
The following businesses sold alcohol to the underage CUBs, underage volunteers who attempt to purchase alcohol, and were appropriately charged:
- Sunset Grill, 2047 S. Hwy 92
- Applebee's, 3899 El Mercado Loop
- Little General Chevron, 1860 S. Hwy 92
- Taco Giro Mexican Bar & Grill, 2097 E. Fry Blvd.
- Safeway, 2190 E. Fry Blvd.
- Valero Corner Store, 3999 E. Fry Blvd.
The remaining businesses acted appropriately by checking the CUB’s identification card, which clearly indicated he or she was under 21.