KGUN 9 On Your SideNewsLocal News


Shed Fire in South Tucson

Posted: 2:02 PM, Nov 24, 2018
Updated: 2018-11-24 16:02:58-05
Shed Fire in South Tucson
Shed Fire in South Tucson
Shed Fire in South Tucson

The Tucson Fire Department has put out a shed fire around the 2400 block of South McFee Stravenue on Saturday, Nov. 24. 

TFD units were dispatched to the address for a report of a shed on fire with possible exposure to a house.

When TFD units arrived on scene, they saw that the shed was 10 feet from the home and moved the family with three children outside in front of the house. 

TFD got the fire under control, but did report that the house suffered damage from heat radiating from the fire. 

TFD units were assisted at the scene by TFD fire investigation personnel as well as TPD.

TFD says shed and garage fires can at times be challenging and dangerous for fire personnel as people tend to store all sorts of unknowns in these areas.