TUCSON, Ariz. (KGUN) — A popular charity run/walk is returning to Downtown Saturday, June 4.
The 16th Annual TMC Meet Me Downtown 5k Night Run/Walk and Festival of Miles will begin in Armory Park at Children's Museum Tucson and will conclude with an after-party at Hotel Congress.
Non-participants can expect the following street closures along the route beginning at 3 p.m.:
- Sixth Avenue from 12th Street to 22nd Street
- Fifth Avenue from 14th Street to 21st Street
- Seventh Avenue from 17th Street to 21st Street
- Stone Avenue from Cushing Street to 18th Street
- Eighth Avenue/Convent Avenue from Cushing Street to 21st Street
- Cushing Street/14th Street from Convent Avenue to Fifth Avenue
Streets are scheduled to re-open by 10 p.m. Drivers in the downtown area should plan for alternate routes to avoid delays, and also use caution driving near event participants.
A full schedule of the Meet Me Downtown events can be found at the website.
Funds raised by the event benefit the Children's Museum, Educational Enrichment Foundation, Greater Tucson Leadership, Southern Arizona Roadrunners, and the BEYOND-Tucson Foundation.
Anne Simmons is the digital executive producer for KGUN 9. Anne got her start in television while still a student at the University of Arizona. Before joining KGUN, she managed multiple public access television stations in the Bay Area and has worked as a video producer in the non-profit sector. Share your story ideas and important issues with Anne by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by connecting on Instagram, Twitter or LinkedIn.