Saguaro National Park is offering a summer Youth Conservation Corps employment program for teens ages 15-18.
The job will consist of conservation work, environmental education and outdoor recreation.
According to a press release from the National Parks Service, those who enroll will have the chance to work on a variety of conservation projects in both Saguaro National Park and the surrounding area including trail work, environment restoration, and campground.
Enrollees will be paid minimum wage and work 40 hours a week.
To be eligible, youth must:
- Between 15 and 18 years-old
- Have not participated in a YCC program in the past year for more than three months
- Be able to work the entire eight weeks
- Have a form of transportation to and from the park each week
- Be able to work hard in the outdoors
- Relate well with others and have a positive attitude
To apply for the 2017 YCC Program, visit their website.