Rural/Metro Fire is responded to a house fire in the 7700 block of East Black Crest Place on Friday afternoon, according to Jay Karlik of RMFD.
The fire started in a laundry room in a dryer. Firefighters were able to contain the fire to only the laundry room. They are unsure if the fire was caused by lint or an electrical issue. The cause of the fire is still under investigation at this time.
The homeowner was home and called 911 at 3:19 p.m. and the fire was out by 3:28 p.m.
No injuries were reported and the rest of the home is okay.
Firefighters say to check your appliances regularly and make sure they are serviced and be sure to clean the lint traps.