TUCSON, Ariz. — Rural Metro Fire crew responded to reports about smoke coming from a residence near the southside Sunday morning.
Upon arrival crews found a house with smoke and flames coming from a bedroom window, and two dogs running from the home.
Crews were searching for victims inside the home no one was inside, but three cats and one dog.
Neighbors tried to rescue the animals before crews arrived.
RMF says "However one suffered smoke inhalation and the other suffered a laceration from broken glass."
The two were treated on scene along three cats.
There were two animals taken to a Veterinary hospital. Two cats died on scene.
Crews were able to control the fire within ten minutes of arrival.
RMF determined to be accidental electrical fire due to an overloaded power strip.