A woman in Marana was bitten by a rattlesnake outside of her home Tuesday morning.
According to the Northwest Fire District, the 29-year-old was walking out of her house around 11:30 a.m. when a diamondback rattlesnake bit her foot. Deputy Chief Scott Hamblen says crews aren't sure if she actually stepped on the snake, but it was under the frame of her front door.
Hamblen says the woman immediately called 911 and crews transported her to the Oro Valley Hospital where she is in stable condition.
This is the 4th snake bite call Northwest Fire has responded to this year.
Typically fire crews see more of them in April when the weather gets warm, and throughout the summer.
Northwest Fire recommends watching where you step and use a flashlight if you are walking at night.