Puppies overcome by smoke inhalation in house fire

TUCSON, Ariz. - Four puppies were overcome by smoke inhalation after a house fire on the southside.

Tucson Fire says crews were called to the 1100 block of East 33rd Street around 10:30 p.m. Sunday for a house fire.

When firefighters arrived on scene, they found smoke coming from the house and discovered a fire had spread from a room. It took TFD crews about 15 minutes to get the flames under control.

None of the firefighters or the two people living in the home were hurt. The Red Cross is assisting the two people now that they are displaced.

TFD says four puppies were overcome by smoke inhalation as a result of the fire, but have not released their conditions. Crews also say as of midnight Tuesday, one puppy and one cat were still missing.

Print this article Back to Top