KGUN 9 On Your SideNewsLocal News

Actions

Police identify second victim in southside shootings

Posted: 11:39 AM, Dec 05, 2017
Updated: 2017-12-05 18:39:04Z

Tucson police identified the second victim of a deadly shooting at East Norton Vista and South Forgeus Ave just after 9 p.m. Nov. 25.

On Tuesday police identified 33-year-old Clarence Clarke, Jr. as one of the men who died. Last week, 30-year-old James Jones was confirmed as the other victim. 

According to Sgt. Pete Dugan, when officers arrived they located one man with obvious signs of gunshot trauma. The man was still speaking and said that he did not know who had shot him. He was later transported to a nearby hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

Officers were then notified by residents in the area who said two additional people had been shot nearby in the 2700 block of South Coconino Vista.

Upon arrival, they located two men in their 30's with multiple gunshot wounds. Both men were pronounced dead at the scene.Detectives from the Tucson Police Gang Unit were then called in to investigate. 

While officers were figuring out there were two different scenes, a witness said that after the shots were fired a vehicle left the area. That witness was able to provide a good description of the vehicle.

TPD located the vehicle and after a short pursuit, the vehicle crashed into a McDonald's drive-thru near South 6th and East 29th.

The driver has been identified as 35-year-old Baudelio Camacho.

No one was hurt in the crash, but Camacho was taken into custody. TPD officials say there was a firearm recovered at the scene of the collision.

Dugan says that it appears Camacho was involved in the shooting, but they are unsure how he was involved.

Witnesses are still being interviewed at this time. If you have any information, call 9-1-1 or 88-CRIME.