Pima County Sheriff's Department will conduct a DUI sobriety checkpoint this weekend.
According to a PCSD news release, "The Sheriff's Department is dedicated to its mission of taking impaired drivers off the roadway and making it safer for the citizens of Pima County... Remember 'buzzed' driving is impaired driving."
In the release it states if a vehicle is stopped you may:
- Lose your license.
- Have your vehicle impounded.
- Pay excessive attorney's fees.
- Be fined upon conviction.
- Be required to install an ignition interlock device in your vehicle.
- Spend time in jail.
- End up with a criminal record.
PCSD has some safety tips before you consume alcohol:
- Prior to drinking, designate a non-drinking driver.
- have a friend drop you off where you will be drinking.
- Preplan your ride home.
PCSD will have one checkpoint at an undisclosed location on Saturday.