KGUN 9 On Your SideNewsLocal News

Actions

PCSD: 2 people exposed to carbon monoxide on northwest side

Posted at 4:40 PM, Jan 16, 2020
and last updated 2020-01-17 10:14:54-05

TUCSON, Ariz. — Two people were exposed to carbon monoxide northwest of Tucson Thursday afternoon, the Pima County Sheriff's Department says.

PCSD says two people were exposed to the toxic gas on the 6000 block of North Montebella Road, just east of Northwest Medical Center in Casas Adobes.

When deputies arrived, they located a 90-year-old man and an 88-year-old woman unconscious and breathing.

"Both individuals were transported to a local area hospital for possible carbon monoxide exposure. Through further investigation, detectives learned the exposure may have been intentional," PCSD said.

This investigation is ongoing. If you have any information, call 88-CRIME.