TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) - Opening statements have begun in the second murder trial of former Tucson firefighter David Watson.
The first trial ended in November with a hung jury.
Watson is accused of murdering his ex-wife Linda Watson, who disappeared 16 years ago during a custody fight over her daughter Jordynn Watson. Her body was identified in 2013.
Watson is also accused of killing Linda Watson's mother, Marilyn Cox, as well as family friend Renee Farnsworth in 2003.
Rosemary Watson, an ex-wife of Watson, is expected to testify today.
— Priscilla KGUN9 (@PriscillaCasper) January 25, 2017
PREVIOUS DAVIS WATSON TRIAL COVERAGE:
- Second murder trial begins for former Tucson firefighter
- Closing arguments in murder trial of David Watson
- Linda Watson talked of suicide
- Murder suspect's ex-wife: "She needs to disappear"
- New photos released in Watson investigation
- Background on David Watson cold case
- Three women lost their lives and their lives mattered"
- Daughter of murder suspect takes the stand