Northwest Fire has responded to the Foothills Mall after several calls reporting smoke inside Melting Pot restaurant Sunday just after 7 p.m.
Crews arrived within four minutes but the restaurant staff had already evacuated the building.
Capt. Brian Keeley says the smoke was because of an air conditioning unit that malfunctioned on the roof of the restaurant and pushed the smoke inside.
The air conditioning unit was shut off and there crews determined there was no active fire.
The Foothills Mall was closed at the time of the incident because of normal business hours and was unaffected.
Keeley says this fire does not appear to be related to the incident that crews responded to the night before at the Foothills Mall in the food court. At this time, the two incidents are considered coincidental.
No one was injured.