KGUN 9 On Your SideNews

Actions

Man's e-cigarette explodes in pocket

Posted at 5:54 AM, Feb 28, 2017
and last updated 2017-02-28 07:57:35-05

A Calgary man felt sparks and plenty of heat while on a date with his wife when a spare battery for his e-cigarette erupted inside of his pants.

The third-degree burn was so intense that the man will need a skin graft to treat the wound on his thigh. The battery fused to the burned pair of jeans.

The man also suffered first and second-degree burns on his hands while he tried to pat out the flames.