KGUN 9 On Your SideNews


Man dies after being stung by bees in Rio Rico

Posted at 8:18 PM, Aug 02, 2017
and last updated 2017-08-02 23:18:21-04

The Rio Rico Fire District says a 75-year-old man died after being stung by bees on Wednesday morning at a golf course.

A spokesman for the fire district says they got a call this morning from an employee at the Rio Rico Golf Club who said the man was unresponsive. 

Paramedics found the man with several bee stings on his arms, neck, face and scalp. Crews started CPR and the man was taken to the hospital in Nogales where he was pronounced dead.

It's unclear if the man was allergic to bees.

The fire district says the man was near the pond on the golf course and they think that's where the bees came from, but officials didn't find the hive.

There were still bees in the area, but not enough to be considered a swarm, the spokesperson said.

No one else was stung, crews say.