Sierra Vista police arrested a man after a routine traffic stop turned into a vehicle pursuit Monday.
According to the Sierra Vista Police Department, 31-year-old William Anguiz Jr. failed to come to a complete stop for a red light at the intersection of Charleston Road and the Highway 90 bypass. An SVPD patrol car attempted to pull him over, but Anguiz continued heading east, driving into lanes of oncoming traffic.
The vehicle pursuit ended when Anguiz pulled into the parking lot of Crystal Creek Townhomes, located at 4500 E. Campus Drive, and fled on foot.
Officers were able to stop Anguiz with the help of witnesses and he was taken into custody.
He has been booked into Cochise County Jail on the following charges:
- Unlawful flight from pursuing law enforcement vehicle
- Possession of a narcotic drug for sale
- Possession of a dangerous drug, endangerment
- Driving on a revoked driver’s license
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Reckless driving