KGUN 9 On Your SideNews


Lawnmower fire spreads to mobile home

Lawnmower fire spreads to mobile home
Posted at 7:09 PM, Aug 18, 2017
and last updated 2017-08-18 22:11:48-04

Avra Valley Fire District responded to a mobile home fire Friday night.

According to Avra Valley Fire, upon arrival units found a riding lawnmower on fire that spread to the mobile home.

Firefighters fought the flames that spread into the attic space of the double-wide using 9 firefighters. The fire was put out in 14 minutes.

There were no injuries to the firefighters or the home occupants. The crew was able to salvage more than 90 percent of the homeowner's belongings.

The cause of the fire was accidental and started from an electrical problem with the lawnmower.

Damages are estimated to be around $10,000