KGUN 9 On Your SideNews


Hoverboard catches fire, burns inside of home

Posted at 11:05 AM, Apr 30, 2017
and last updated 2017-04-30 20:08:16-04

A hoverboard caught fire Saturday inside of a family's home in the 3500 block of East Blacklidge.

According to Captain Barrett Baker with the Tucson Fire Department, the mother stated that she had purchased the hoverboard earlier in the day and plugged it in to charge it for the first time. The family left home for an hour and came back to discover that the inside of their home was covered in soot and ash.

The hoverboard was sitting on the kitchen floor with no combustible material around it.

Red Cross was called to assist the family with housing as the home was not safe to stay in.