The Pima County Department of Environmental Quality Clean Air Program has issued a high pollution advisory for Tuesday, July 31.
According to PDEQ, this is due to forecasted elevated levels of ground-level ozone air pollution in the Tucson metropolitan area.
If you are sensitive to air pollution you may experience shortness of breath, coughing, throat irritation, wheezing and breathing discomfort.
You may want to limit exertion outside, especially during afternoon hours.
A variety of emissions contribute to this kind of air pollution. Here are some actions you can take to reduce emissions:
- Reduce driving, carpool, ride the bus, bike, or walk
- Refrain from long drive-thru lines, park and go inside instead
- Make sure your gas cap is on tight after re-fueling
- Check your tire pressure monthly to reduce gasoline use
- Avoid using gas-powered lawn and gardening equipment
- Conserve electricity to reduce emissions from power plants