Northwest Fire says surrounded businesses were evacuated.
TUCSON, Ariz. - Fire crews are responding to a hazardous materials call in west Tucson Friday afternoon.
Northwest Fire says the incident was reported near Shamrock Place and Ruthrauff Road just before 4 p.m. An extermination company reported a chemical fire that triggered some smoldering.
Worried about hazardous gases in the smoke, fire crews evacuated nearby businesses that could do so safely. Others were told to shelter in place.
The situation was brought under control by 5:30 p.m.
Shamrock Place is closed to traffic as firefighters assess the situation, but Ruthrauff Road is unaffected.