TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) - Fire crews from Northwest Fire District extinguished a garage fire this afternoon around 1:30 p.m.
The garage fire happened at a home near Magee Rd. and Soledad Ave.
According to a media release from Northwest Fire, crews used a saw to cut away the garage door to quickly get to the fire.
Fire investigators believe the fire may have been caused by a propane torch which was being used by a landscaper in the yard to burn weeds.
A media release from Northwest Fire says:
"This incident serves as a reminder that the use of any sort of fire around a home can cause unintended consequences. The use of propane torches should be avoided and other items such as candles, BBQ grills, or any other item that utilizes fire should be respected around a home."